Hi everyone! My name is Colin Boyle.
- What are you studying and what year in school are you? I am studying journalism and Spanish language at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism, expecting to graduate in 2020.
- Where did you grow up (rural, city, etc.) OR what experiences did you have growing up, and how did this help shape who you are today? I grew up in the city of Chicago but I have spent countless hours in the outdoors between being a Boy Scout in my youth, camping and traveling with my family and exploring my own city through my triathlon training.
- What or who inspired you to learn more about the environment? My parents and family raised my three brothers and me to be very cognizant of our impact on the world from a young age, showing us the importance of taking care of the Earth and its resources through teaching us about the environment. We would spend a lot of time talking about how to conserve energy and the impact that each minute decision has on pollution and the Earth's wellbeing.
- Please share why we must care about the environment - in 10 words or less: It is our beautiful, irreplaceable home.
- After you graduate you plan to: After I graduate, I plan to continue working as a multimedia journalist and see where that takes me professionally while focusing on covering my hometown and the environment.
- You gotta see this: My favorite place in Chicago, IL: The shipwreck of the Silver Spray