Planet Forward Is About Telling Stories of Innovation
There are five key questions to ask when you’re telling an innovation story:
- What is it?
- What’s new about it?
- How does it work?
- What difference does it make in the world?
- Why do you love it?
It’s hard to find a definition in the dictionary that doesn’t just revert to “something that’s innovative.” Here are elements to consider when you’re looking for innovations:
- There are two kinds of innovations: EVOLUTIONARY innovations, which are ideas, processes or technologies that advance incrementally, and REVOLUTIONARY innovations, which are disruptive and new.
- Innovation involves risk-taking.
- Innovation can create new markets, behaviors and ways of thinking.
- Innovation can change social norms.