Panelists will explore how gender "makes it worse," with women facing inequalities such as time and labor constraints, domestic violence and rape, lack of security during common tasks, land ownership laws and the tendency to let men control financial decisions. These challenges only intensify with poverty, lack of education and a rural environment.
- MODERATOR: Tara Sonenshine, Coordinator for Global Partnerships, Planet Forward
- Aviram Rozin, International Director, Sadhana Forest
- Ram Fishman, Assistant Professor of Economics, GWU
- Imani M. Cheers, Assistant Professor of Media and Public Affairs, GWU
- Eva Moss, Student, Sewanee: The University of the South