Advanced Plasma Industries (API) is an innovative technology research & development company based in Maryland, U.S.A. Our expertise centers on plasma research and extends to numerous additional areas.
API envisions numerous areas of opportunity leveraging our expertise. We propose a new Paradigm for Research that holds promise to fundamentally energize collaboration and economic development for API and the other locales where we anticipate operations. It is based on a foundation of plasma R&D and is centered on hydrogen, clean coal, lithium, and rare earth element production.
This technology can use solar/wind energy to power the hydrogen production for combustion engines, fuel cells and electric power plants. It is the first technology that is 100% efficient and creates no pollution whatsoever.
PLASMA-BASED HYDROGEN GENERATION is a proprietary plasma-based system to be developed which will generate Hydrogen from sea water using less energy than electrolysis with no catalyst, exotic metals and not create any harmful waste materials.
The process and science involved is still too new to have received a patent, though a patent application is in train, hence the details provided by the API are general in nature, so as not to jeopardize API's intellectual property.
General information about the process is as follows:
• The process has been named "ECP-AMF"
• The technology is scalable from micro to macro size, so could be sized to suit a Pilot Project.
• It will not require a large energy input to trigger the process.
• The source seawater/brine/fresh water will not need to be supplied to the process at an elevated temperature nor in a vapor state unlike present technologies.
• The process will operate at temperatures around 6k°C but will be designed to handle much higher temperatures.
• With appropriate hydrogen storage and trained operators the system could be operated safely in a built-up area.
• Initial calculations indicate that ≈10kWhr of energy input to the system would be required to manufacture 1kg of Hydrogen. [Note that the theoretical minimum demand for electrolysis is ≈38kWhrs/kg H2 but the actual demand from commercial electrolysers is ≈54kWh to 80kWh, depending on their size and efficiency]
• If the system were manufacturing ≈5kg hydrogen per hour, the instantaneous power demand might be ≈40kW.
• Unique plasma physics path never not taken by any company or university in the world.
• The technology will also produce hydrogen and oxygen cheaply, quickly, and in high volumes from sea water, fresh water or brine.
• The energy content of hydrogen is nearly three times that of gasoline.
• Energy content of 1 kg hydrogen 141.9 MJ (HHV) = 39.4 kWh 20kWh electrical input to produce 100 kWh hydrogen output an hour 2.67 kg hydrogen produced an hour 23, 402 kg's a year = 922 MWh's a year.
• This portable technology can use solar / wind energy to power the hydrogen production for combustion engines, fuel cells and electric power plants.
• It is the first technology that is 100% efficient and creates no pollution or toxic waste whatsoever. Hundreds to thousands of gallons of fresh drinkable clean water every hour.
• We already have interest from New Zealand, Taiwan, Japan, Puerto Rico, Europe and others.
• 2 universities have signed on to do collaboration research with API Inc.