Congratulations to our Storyfest 2020 finalists:
- Brooke Bowser, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Soulardarity: A community’s success in energy democracy
- Natalie Chun, Northwestern University. Climate change is simply scientific fact for Illinois school districts regardless of political party
- Codi Clark, Texas Tech. Urban resilience for rural revitalization
- Mahalia Dryak, Reed College. What do we do about urban heat islands
- Alexander Gottdiener, Princeton University. Bird-watching in an age of anxiety
- Greta Hardy-Mittell, Carleton College. A society for the birds
- Anthony Karambelas, Santa Monica College. Remember Who?
- Matilda Kreider, George Washington University. Tipping the balance for fisheries on the small scale
- Brendan Rose, SUNY Purchase. Florida’s aquifer is in crisis — but there’s still time to save it
- Deepti Bansal Gage, GW Law School. Wait! Before you squish that bug…
- Emily Mortensen, SUNY New Paltz. Mushroom shed
- Arik Palileo, SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry. Saving the bees
- Lucie Rochat, Middlebury College. This is now: The climate crisis at Middlebury College
- Dylan Simard, Arizona State University. Making a home for fish in the desert takes a little help – and a lot of PVC
- Lizzie Stricklin, George Washington University. How do you speak for the river?
- Avery Van Etten, Northwestern University. Sea-level rise threatens the Florida Keys (3-part series)
- Arielle Bader, George Washington University. SUPing garbage man
- Angelica Gonzalez, SUNY-ESF. Ghanian guide to sustainable living
- Matilda Kreider, George Washington University. Sandcastles and the seawall
- Paulina Oswald, Eckerd College. Seaside Seabird Sanctuary saviors
- Meg Rossie, SUNY-ESF. The effects of human disturbances on national parks
- Keaton Smith, Middlebury College. Life lessons from the farm
- Cate Twining-Ward, George Washington University. Clinging onto chimps: Why you should think of chimpanzees during the climate crisis
- Francesca Edralin, George Washington University. The solution is in the seaweed
- Carolyne Im, George Washington University. The myth of single-use plastic bags
- Jess Makler, George Washington University. Precious Plastic: Providing a solution to plastic waste
- Jake Meyers, University of Arizona. Can urban farming feed the future?
- Lindsay Eberhart, SUNY-ESF. Tourist attraction, or environmental disaster?
- Francesca Edralin, George Washington University. You’ve heard them on the streets, now hear their stories
- Jordan Elder, Arizona State University. Using sunlight to make water
- Anne Flaherty, Eckerd College. We have a plastic problem. Eckerd College took action
- Caroline Hedgcock, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Crave Brothers: Dairy farming done different
- Jake Meyers, University of Arizona. Trump’s wall divides endangered species, unites activists
- Sarah Noyse, George Washington University. What’s happening to oysters in the Chesapeake Bay?
- Sarah Sem, George Washington University. What’s the beef with meatless burgers?
See all the 2020 Storyfest entries below - and don't forget to give your favorite pieces a thumbs-up. Every entry is in the running for our Fan Favorite Award!
A Bohemian Waxwing (Bombycilla garrulus) puffs its feathers on a cold and snowy day. (David Restivo/National Park Service)