CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR STORYFEST 2019 WINNERS!
Grand prize winners will travel with Planet Forward and Lindblad Expeditions for an unrivaled expedition to the legendary and unique ecosystems of the Galápagos Islands in August 2019, and report on the unparalleled stories found there.
- ARTICLE: Peter Jurich, University of Wisconsin-Madison. 'Gross' and unpopular, but dumpster diving can help the planet
- MULTIMEDIA / PHOTO ESSAY: Vicki Deng, Reed College. The unseen heroes to our plastic waste
- PODCAST: Guy Ginsberg, The George Washington University. Resilience Ep. 1 - How electric vehicles are making Costa Rica more resilient
- SHAREABLE / SHORT VIDEO: Terrius Harris, University of Mississippi. Conservation meditation
- VIDEO: Ellen Wang, The George Washington University. How we can get a handle on food waste
- FAN FAVORITE: Haley Knighten & Christina Trexler, University of Arkansas. Environmental STEMinism
Petcoke piles are stored at a Koch Bros. storage site on the Calumet River in Chicago, Illinois, in 2014. (Terry Evans)
The UC Davis Renewable Energy Anaerobic Digester, which officially opened Earth Day, April 22, 2014, converts organic waste from campus and other sources into clean energy for the campus electrical grid. The anaerobic digestion technology used in the facility was invented by UC Davis professor Ruihong Zhang and licensed to Sacramento-based CleanWorld. (UC Davis)