Planet Forward was proud to host the video competition for Second Nature's Climate Leadership Award Finalists. Schools from across the country submitted videos and competed to win the title. After more than 14,000 votes were cast, we are proud to announce our winner: William Paterson University, of Wayne, New Jersey.
All of Second Nature's Climate Leadership Award Finalists were asked to create a 1-3 minute video highlighting their climate innovation on campus. Our online community voted to determine which campus was the most innovative.
They will be presented with a certificate that denotes their victory at the GW Moving the Planet Forward Innovation Summit, taking place on Tuesday, April 17th from 1:00-6:00 PM. If you want to watch the presentation live, view our live stream here: http://gwmoving.planetforward.org/livestream/
As with all groups who submit videos to Planet Forward, every school will have the opportunity to be featured in blog posts on The Huffington Post and National Geographic’s Great Energy Challenge blog, in our pieces on television, in our webisodes, or in other public outreach opportunities.
Here are each of the winners of our competition by Second Nature's Carnegie Categories:
- Doctorate-Granting Institution - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Baccalaureate College - Allegheny College, PA
- Associate/Tribal College - Glendale Community College, AZ
- Master's College - William Paterson University of New Jersey, NJ
- Special Focus Institution - SUNY Upstate Medical University, NY