Science and the environment need storytellers now more than ever.
The 2017 Planet Forward Summit on April 6-7 in Washington, D.C., will focus on how we as students, scientists, communicators, innovators, policymakers and citizens of the earth, communicate to inspire action. The summit will bring everyone together, all in one room, to share inspiring stories, featuring the best storytellers, collaborating to learn what makes an effective environmental story and to celebrate and reward the best environmental storytelling by college students.
The two-day Planet Forward Summit investigates effective sustainability storytelling through the lens of our Storyfest contest categories: character, creativity, science/data, innovation and big ideas. Major topics covered include: food, water, energy, mobility, built environment, and biodiversity. The grand prize winners of our student storytelling contest, Planet Forward Storyfest 2017, will be announced in front of a live audience.
Speakers booked to date include:
- Olorunfunmi Adebajo, Journalist, Mandela Fellow
- Jeremy Bailenson, Professor, Virtual Reality expert, Stanford University
- Nana Boakye-Yiadom, Journalist, Mandela Fellow
- Rachel Kalera-Mhango, Journalist, Mandela Fellow
- Robin Kimmerer, Professor, Native Storyteller, SUNY-ESF
- Chris Policinski, President and CEO, Land O'Lakes Inc.
- A speaker to be announced from Discovery Communications